Monday 9 September 2013

Côte Saint-Luc joins Hampstead and Montreal West in sendoff for Commander Bissonnette

Police Station 9, which covers the communities of Côte Saint-Luc, Hampstead and Montreal West,  has a new commander. Marc Cournoyer has succeeded Sylvain Bissonnette, who moves on to Station 9 in Lachine.
Commander Bissonnette and myself.
On September 9, Côte Saint-Luc City Council hosted a reception for Commander Bissonnette with elected officials from Hampstead, Montreal West and Liberal MNA for D`Arcy McGee Lawrence Bergman joining us. We were also happy to welcome new Commander Cournoyer.
I knew the day would come when we would have to say good-bye to Commander Bissonnette. As he told us, "seven years ago I was assigned to Police Station 9 for what was supposed to be a very brief period of time. I was supposed to close the station. That did not happen. You all fought to keep this station. I immediately admired your passion."
Members of council present the Commander with a gift.
Côte Saint-Luc Mayor Anthony Housefather stated that in his many years in municipal life, he has never worked with a finer commander.  His successor acknowledged that he has big shoes to fill.
I will truly miss Commander Bissonnette. We had a tremendous connection. Whenever I contacted him with a concern in my constituency his response was immediate. He was ever so present at all of our activities and events.
In my first mandate as a city councillor, René Allard was the initial commander. He was also wonderful and when he moved on we were sad. Then along came Commander Bissonnette. We welcome Marc Cournoyer  with open arms and wish him well.
Greeting new Commander Cournoyer.
I will be meeting with him during the campaign to bring to his attention some of the important traffic safety issues I have been working with his station on over the years, some of which we must continue to be vigilante on.

No comments:

Post a Comment