Sunday 29 September 2013

Introduction to Computers and Email a must for those in the dark

Most recently I was in conversation with a constituent of mine. He is 77 years young and for the past few years I have been sending him emails, without getting any responses. So I asked him, "Do you receive my emails?"
 
The gentleman looked me in the eye with a look of sadness on his face. "I am ashamed to tell you that  I do not know how to work the email," he remarked. "My kids set it up. They check it for me."
 
In the eight years since I have been  elected to council, more and more seniors have become comfortable on the internet. But there are many like this gentleman who are simply intimidated by the entire process.
 
Well it does not have to be this way, as I have been telling many people during my door to door campaign. Our Eleanor London Côte Saint-Luc Public Library offers some excellent courses and from October 1 to 18, there is an Introduction to Computers and Email. It is $90 for CSL residents and $120 for non-residents. The courses run from 10:30 a.m. to Noon Tuesdays and Fridays and this is for absolute  beginners only.
 
It is never too late to learn this skill.
 
For more information call 514-485-6900.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment