Tuesday 17 September 2013

Meeting my first namesake in District 2

It was bound to happen sooner or later. As I campaign for my third mandate on Côte Saint-Luc City Council, representing District 2, I have met my first constituent who shares the exact same name.

Night after night I go door to door, introducing myself to new residents and saying hello to those I have met before. On September 17 I continued my tour of the new housing development at the Quartier Cavendish. The other night I circulated on Park Place.  Next was Cavendish Boulevard,  the other side of a connecting town house arrangement with a good portion of Park Place residences.  On Cavendish, I was met with so many charming people who welcomed me into their homes with open arms.
Michael (Mike)  Cohen  meets Michael Cohen.


One of the first things I do is introduce myself and then get the name of the other person if I do not have my own listing to from. You'd think I 'd get used of the commonality of the name Michael (Mike) Cohen. There were three  in my high school, one other on my first mission to Israel in 1988 and last year a lawyer named Michael Cohen was front and centre in the NHL labour dispute. There was even a Michael Cohen who worked on Montreal radio and two of us became friends.  Sadly, he was suffering from an isidious disease and passed away ahead of his time. I digress as I began to take down the name of one of my constituents, "Michael Cohen"  it was. 

Welcoming the Zimmermans to Côte Saint-Luc
There were a  number of nice families I met on Cavendish Boulevard. There was the charming family from Argentina who have been in this country for five years. I was impressed by the father of another family from China who immediately recognized me from the Côte Saint-Luc website.

Those I met seemed very pleased with the development and our city.

No comments:

Post a Comment