Thursday 3 October 2013

The Hermitage Condominium on Rembrandt

I first visited the Hermitage Condo on Rembrandt Avenue about a decade ago. The late travel guru Gerda Rosner invited me into her beautiful unit to share some of her adventures. Soon after, when I decided to run for city council, Gerda helped put the word out and an amazing gentleman named Kek Rosenblatt took me door to door. I become close with Kek, a war veteran who had a lot to say and contribute about local traffic. Sadly, he passed away during my first term in office.

Four years ago lawyer Martin Bogante,a member of the Hermitage board, took me to every door. It was through that process that I met Howard and Arlene Mayers, who since that time have been among my eyes and ears on that street. They even joined my Cats Committee this year.
Here I am flanked by Martin Bogante and Howard Mayers.

So, as I continue my election campaign tour I made a point of sitting down with Martin, Howard and Arlene to discuss local matters of concern. I explained to them that a meeting will be called in the very immediate future concerning Hydro work on Rembrandt and Merrimac. We spoke about the traffic lights at Kildare and Cavendish, the improved situation with traffic from Bialik, Rembrandt Park and yes, cats.

There are 64 units in the Hermitage, which at 26 hardly looks its age.

No comments:

Post a Comment